The State Farm® MOST VALUABLE POSSESSIONS Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
1. Eligibility: “The State Farm Most Valuable Possessions Contest” the (“Contest”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) U.S. and the District of Columbia who are at least the age of majority in their state of residence at time of entry: 18 years of age in most states, 19 in Alabama and Nebraska, 21 in Mississippi. Employees, officers and directors of State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company (“Sponsor”) and The Marketing Arm Inc. (“Administrator”), collectively (“Contest Entities”) and State Farm independent contractor insurance and financial services agents and their staff and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, representatives, directors, officers, agents, divisions, dealers, affiliates, distributors, advertising and promotional agencies, employees and assigns, and any entity which is involved in any aspect of the creation, production, operation, execution or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively “Released Parties”) and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households, whether or not related to any of the above named entities, are not eligible to participate in Contest. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws, rules and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions made by Sponsor relating to this Contest are final.
By participating in this Contest, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor and by the decisions of Sponsor; (b) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules; (c) represent and warrant that he or she meets all the eligibility criteria set forth in these Official Rules; (d) agree to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations; and (e) agree to indemnify and hold harmless Contest Entities and Released Parties from and against any and all liability arising out of or relating in any way to entrant’s participation in Contest and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Contest Entities and Released Parties. This includes, but is not limited to, any and all claims, demands, damages and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss or any other harm, suffered directly or indirectly from entrant’s participation in Contest or the receipt or acceptance, redemption, possession, use or misuse of the Prizes (hereinafter defined), and for any claim including claims based on defamation, publicity rights, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property related or other cause of action.
2. Contest Period: The Contest begins at 6:00:00 PM Central Time (“CT”) on October 27, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on December 21, 2017 (the “Contest Period”).This Contest has eight (8) separate entry periods as specified below (“Entry Period(s)”). Eight (8) Weekly Winners and one (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected as follows: (i) one (1) Weekly Winner will be selected on each of the eight (8) selection dates listed below; and (ii) one (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected from among all of the Weekly Winners. All times below are in “CT”. The Sponsor’s time clock will be the official time keeping device for this Contest. Eligible Entries (hereinafter defined) not selected during any one selection will not remain in the pool of entries for any subsequent selections.
|Entry Period||Selection Date||Selection|
|10/27 (06:00 PM) - 11/02 (11:59 PM)||11/07/17||“Selection No. 1”|
|11/03 (12:00 AM) - 11/09 (11:59 PM)||11/14/17||“Selection No. 2”|
|11/10 (12:00 AM) - 11/16 (11:59 PM)||11/21/17||“Selection No. 3”|
|11/17 (12:00 AM) - 11/23 (11:59 PM)||11/28/17||“Selection No. 4”|
|11/24 (12:00 AM) - 11/30 (11:59 PM)||12/05/17||“Selection No. 5”|
|12/01 (12:00 AM) - 12/07 (11:59 PM)||12/12/17||“Selection No. 6”|
|12/08 (12:00 AM) - 12/14 (11:59 PM)||12/19/17||“Selection No. 7”|
|12/15 (12:00 AM) - 12/21 (11:59 PM)||12/26/17||“Selection No. 8”|
|12/27/17||“Grand Prize Selection”|
Selection No. 1 through Selection No. 8 and the Grand Prize Selection will collectively be referred to herein as (“Selection” or “Selections”)
3. To Enter: There are two (2) methods of entry.
To Enter Online: Entrant must: (i) visit www.mvp.statefarm.com; (ii) complete all required fields on the online entry form and agree to the Contest Official Rules; and (iii) take a digital photograph or a video of your most storied and personally valuable football possession and post online as instructed along with a 150 word or less written description of why this possession is the most personally valuable to you and submit as requested to receive one (1) entry into the Contest. Files must be one of the following extensions: jpeg, gif, png, mov, or mp4 and be under 100Mb. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Entries must be in compliance with the Entry Guidelines specified in Section 5 herein. Message and data rates may apply if entrant enters Contest via mobile device.
To Enter Onsite: Entrant must (i) visit the State Farm booth (“Booth”) during the first two hours leading up to kickoff at any of the football games listed below; (ii) enter the kiosk at that Booth and complete all required fields on the entry form posted the device provided; (iii) and take a video of you describing your most storied and personally valuable football possession (Please include the possession in the video if able to do so) and submit as requested to receive one (1) entry into the Contest. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Entries must be in compliance with the Entry Guidelines specified in Section 5 herein.
Entries must not feature the name, likeness or other personally identifiable information of any person other than entrant.
|10/28||Ole Miss||Vaught-Hemingway Stadium All- American Dr. & Hill Dr. University, MS 38677|
|10/28||Arizona State||Sun Devil Stadium 500 E. Veterans way, Tempe, AZ 85287|
|10/28||West Virginia||Mountaineer Field at Milan Puskar Stadium 1 Ira Errett Rodgers Dr., Morgantown, WV 26505|
|11/04||Georgia||Sanford Stadium 100 Sanford Dr., Athens, GA 30602|
|11/04||USC||Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum 3911 S. Figueroa St., Los Angeles, CA 90037|
|11/04||Missouri||Faurot Field Columbia, MO 65203|
|11/04||Texas A&M||Kyle Field 756 Houston St., College Station, TX 77843|
|11/04||Oklahoma St.||Boone Pickens Stadium 700 W Hall of Fame Ave, Stillwater, OK 74075|
|11/10||Cincinnati||Nippert Stadium 2700 Bearcat Way, Cincinnati, OH 45221|
|11/11||UCLA||Rose Bowl 1001 Rose Bowl Dr., Pasadena, CA 91103|
|11/11||Oklahoma||Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium 1185 Asp Ave., Norman, OK 73019|
|11/11||Auburn||Jordan-Hare Stadium 251 S. Donahue Dr., Auburn, AL 36849|
|11/11||UCF||Spectrum Stadium 4465 Knights Victory Way, Orlando, FL 32816|
|11/11||Miami||Hard Rock Stadium 347 Don Shula Dr., Miami Gardens, FL 33056|
|11/18||USC||Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum 3911 S. Figueroa St., Los Angeles, CA 90037|
|11/18||Tennessee||Neyland Stadium 1600 Phillip Fulmer Way, Knoxville, TN 37916|
|11/18||Oregon||Autzen Stadium 2700 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Eugene, OR 97401|
|11/19||Dallas||AT&T Stadium 1 AT&T Way, Arlington, TX 76011|
|11/24||UCLA||Rose Bowl 1001 Rose Bowl Dr., Pasadena, CA91103|
|11/25||South Carolina||Williams-Brice Stadium 1125 George Rogers Blvd., Columbia, SC 29201|
|11/25||Minnesota||TCF Bank Stadium 420 SE 23rd Ave., Minneapolis, MN 55455|
|11/25||Michigan||Michigan Stadium 1201 S. Main St., Ann Arbor, MI 48104|
|12/03||Arizona||University of Phoenix Stadium 1 Cardinals Dr., Glendale, AZ 85305|
|12/10||Kansas City||Arrowhead Stadium 1 Arrowhead Dr., Kansas City, MO 64129|
|12/17||Oakland||Oakland Alameda Coliseum 7000 Coliseum Way, Oakland, CA 94621|
Limit one (1) entry per person and per email address regardless of the method of entry. If it is suspected that an entrant submits more than one (1) entry, only the first entry submitted will be considered. Additional entries beyond the specified limit from any one person or email address will be void. There is a limit of one Weekly Prize per person. Incomplete and inaccurate entries are void. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning entry, the name of the “authorized account holder” associated with any given email address will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, an online service provider, or another organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Proof to Sponsor’s satisfaction of being the authorized account holder may be required by Sponsor. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Administrator in writing if the entrant changes his or her email address during the Contest Period.
Contest Entities are not responsible for and will disqualify entries that are: stolen, lost, incomplete, late, damaged, illegible, invalid, unintelligible, tampered with, fraudulent, postage due mail entries, misdirected entries or email messages, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any human, mechanical or electronic error that may occur in the processing of the entries in the Contest or other errors appearing within the Official Rules or in any Contest related advertisements. Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of Contest, errors in processing entries, identifying the Winners, in the announcement of the Prizes and Winners, and the delivery of the Prizes, failures or malfunctions of telephones, telephone lines or telephone systems, computer systems, online systems, servers or providers or other communications malfunctions; interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, miscommunications, failed computer hardware or software or other technical failures, garbled, lost, misrouted or scrambled transmissions, any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication, traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer, computer system/software or mobile phone or other portable electronic device related to or resulting from participation in this Contest. Use of any device to automate or subvert entry is prohibited and any entries received by such means will be void. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entries are permitted and any entries received by such means will be void. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entry; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of Contest; (iii) to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (iv) to display behavior that will bring such Winner or Contest Entities into disgrace; (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with Contest; or (vi) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
4. Publicity Release: By participating in Contest, each Winner grants to Sponsor, and its representatives, affiliates, licensees and assigns, the right and permission to record, film, videotape and photograph the Winner (“Images”) and to use, re-use, reproduce, publish, display, exhibit, distribute, edit, adapt, post, stream, and copy the Winner’s name, voice, city/state of residence, photograph, biographical, any Prize information, and/or likeness, Image and any other attributes of Winner, individually or with others, in whole or in part, in conjunction with other material, for advertising, trade, publicity, promotion and/or for any other purpose in any and all media or format now known or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, consideration, permission or notification, except where prohibited by law,
5. Entry Guidelines: Entries must be the original work of entrant, must have been created specifically for Contest, and must not have been previously published, released commercially or won any awards. Any elements appearing in an entry, including, without limitation, photographs, art or any other materials, must be entrant’s own original work, created by entrant, or be in the public domain.
Entries must not feature the name, likeness or other personally identifiable information of any person other than entrant. Personally identifiable information includes, but is not limited to name, image, likeness, license plates, phone numbers and personal addresses. Entries must not include, depict or make reference to any of the following: obscenity, inappropriate language, nudity, sexual explicitness, drug or alcohol use, violence, firearms/weapons, commercial products or services, unauthorized copyrighted, trademarked or patented properties, including brand names, logos, or trade dress, private property, unless entrant has obtained a property release from the owner specific for uses specified herein, material that promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or promotes any particular political agenda or message, material that is hateful, tortious, defamatory, false or misleading, disparaging, slanderous, libelous, or otherwise unlawful, material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to, rights of privacy or publicity, copyrights, trademarks, patents or any other intellectual property rights, material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual, or promotes discrimination based on race, ethnicity, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, and any other content, including but not limited to, text, images, graphics, photographs, captions and descriptions or data that could be considered inappropriate or offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Further, entries must not contain any claim that is not and cannot be substantiated or that would be false or misleading to a reasonable consumer. Any content, text or otherwise, included as part of the entry must be in the English language.
If your entry includes video elements, any elements appearing in a video, including, without limitation, music, photographs, art or any other materials, must be your own original work, created and performed by you, or be in the public domain. Further, if synchronizing music with your video elements, you must only use original or royalty free music or music that is in the public domain.
By entering the Contest, each entrant represents and warrants that: (i) the entry is the original work of the entrant, that he/she has all rights to the entry, that the entry was created specifically for Contest, that the entry, in whole or in part, has not been released commercially, been previously published or won any awards; (ii) the entry does not and will not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (iii) the entry is free and clear of any and all liens or claims with respect to the use of the entry in the manner authorized in these Official Rules; (iv) the entry does not infringe upon or violate the intellectual property rights of any third party and will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on copyrights, trademarks, patents or other intellectual property rights or any rights or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for any payment whatsoever; and (v) the entry is not and will not be defamatory, disparaging libelous, pornographic or obscene.
Content posted by entrants is not edited by Sponsor and the views/opinions of the entrant do not reflect the views/opinions of the Sponsor in any manner.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be a violation of the Official Rules or that is not in keeping with the Entry Guidelines specified herein or which communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associate. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove or blur, or to ask the applicable entrant to remove or blur, any non-material mention of or visual representation (e.g. small logos on clothing, artwork hanging in the background, etc.) of any brand names and/or logos rather than disqualify an otherwise compliant entry.
All entries will be reviewed for content before being published or judged, however such review does not relieve entrant from responsibility for compliance with all of these Official Rules.
Entrants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor may receive many entries in connection with this Contest and that some entries may be very similar in content, idea, theme, or in other respects to other entries received or submitted. Entrant waives any and all claims entrant may have had, may have and/or may have in the future, that any entry in this Contest is similar to his/her entry, or that any compensation is due to entrant in connection with such entry.
All entries submitted in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified are considered “Eligible Entries”. All entry materials become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor. Proof of entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor.
6. Use of Entries: Winning entries may be featured after the Contest Period in Sponsor’s social media pages and channels, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. By submitting an entry, entrant understands and agrees that their entry may be publicly displayed in the manner set forth above without any further notification to or consent from entrant.
Entrants agree that Contest Entities are not responsible for any unauthorized use of entries by any third parties.
All entrants, whether a Winner or not, agree that in exchange for their participation in Contest, they grant, and have the full right to grant, Sponsor and its representatives, affiliates, licensees, successors and assigns; (i) the right, but not the obligation, to use, edit, adapt, reformat, rearrange, modify, combine with other pictures, items and/or materials, add to and/or customize entry; and (ii) the assignable, sublicenseable, perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty free, right and license to use, exhibit, display, broadcast, copy, reproduce, encode, compress, encrypt, incorporate data into, rebroadcast, transmit, record, publicly perform, create derivative works of, distribute and synchronize in timed relation to visual elements and aural elements, and or otherwise exploit, the entry, and/or any portions or excerpts thereof, including without limitation, using entrant’s name, image, likeness, performance, voice, and any other attributes of entrant, individually or with others, in whole or in part, in conjunction with other material, in any manner, including advertising, promoting and publicizing Sponsor, an unlimited number of times, in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without any additional liability, obligation to, or review or approval by, entrant or any third party. In addition, if an entrant enters the Contest via the on-site entry method, entrant grants the right to Sponsor, and its representatives, affiliates, licenses and assigns, to record, film, videotape and photograph the entrant without any additional liability, obligation, review or approval by, or additional payment of any kind to participant or any third party.
Sponsor is not obligated to use, publish or display or broadcast any entry. By submitting an entry, entrant understands and agrees that their entry may be publicly displayed in the manner set forth above without any further notification to or consent from entrant.
Entrants agree to obtain, upon request from Sponsor, any documentation necessary to prove their unrestricted ownership in all contents of entry and their right to use entry as specified in these Official Rules. Entrants also acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall own all right, title and interest, including all copyright ownership, in any derivative works they may create from any element of entry.
7. Judging: Entries will be judged by representatives of Sponsor and Administrator (“Judges”) based on the judging criteria specified herein. The Eligible Entries will be judged on the following criteria: (i) uniqueness (30%); (ii) emotional compelling value (50%); and (iii) entertainment value (20%), (“Judging Criteria”). The Eligible Entries with the highest aggregate scores will be determined to be Winners (subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules). The Judges reserve the right to conduct interviews with any entrant. The Judges also reserve the right to extend the Contest Period, select more or less Winners, or not to declare any Winners if, in their sole discretion, an insufficient number of entries are received and/or the entries do not meet the qualification standards based on the Judging Criteria specified herein. The application of the Judging Criteria shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of the Judges. In the event of a tie or dispute or for any other reason that Sponsor deems necessary, the tied entries will be re-judged by Judges based on uniqueness Judging Criteria continuing thereafter to each Judging Criteria, in order, as needed to break the tie. Contest Entities and Judges disclaim any liability from any entrant and entrants agree to waive any claims against Contest Entities and Judges relating to the judging or awarding process.
8. Winner Selection and Notification: The Judges will select eight (8) Weekly Winners and one (1) Grand Prize Winner from among all of the Weekly Winners on the dates specified in Section 2 herein. Administrator will make up to three (3) attempts over the forty-eight (48) hour period following each potential Weekly Winner selection to contact the potential Winners via the telephone number provided at time of entry and by entering the Contest the entrant hereby grants permission to be contacted via telephone. If a potential Winner cannot be reached directly during the forty-eight (48) hour period in which he or she is called or contacted, or does not meet the eligibility requirements, the potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential Winner next in contention for Winner designation may be selected, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received or Weekly Winners if time permits.
Weekly Prizes: Each of the eight (8) Weekly Winners will receive one (1) $500 Visa® Prepaid* Card (subject to the terms and conditions of the prepaid card), with an approximate retail value of $500, each a (“Weekly Prize”).
Grand Prize: The one (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive: (i) one (1) $1,000 sports apparel gift certificate, with an ARV of $1,000; (ii) one (1) $1,000 electronics store gift card, with an ARV of $1,000; (iii) one (1) $1,000 home improvement store gift card, with an ARV of $1,000; and (iv) $5,000 for the Winner issued in the form of a check, with an ARV of $5,000, collectively the “Grand Prize”). The total ARV of the Grand Prize is $8,000.
*Cards are issued by MetaBank®, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. This card can be used anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted within the U.S. only. MetaBank is issuer of the card only and does not sponsor or endorse this offer.
This Contest is not endorsed by or affiliated with Visa.
All prepaid cards and gift cards provided as part of Prize are subject to the terms of the applicable prepaid card or gift card. The total ARV of all of the Prizes is $12,000. The ARVs are subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Prize fulfillment. Any difference between the ARVs and the actual values, if any, will not be awarded.
Winners are responsible for all costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use that are not specified herein as being awarded. If a Winner is not available or able to accept the Prize, Winner privileges will be terminated and an alternative Winner may be selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received.
10. Winner Verification: To be eligible to be declared a Winner and to receive the Prize(s), the potential Winners must sign and return to Sponsor and/or Administrator, within three (3) days of issuance of such documentation from Administrator or Sponsor a complete and valid IRS Form W9 if necessary and an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release that: (a) releases Contest Entities and Released Parties from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered directly or indirectly from potential Winner’s participation in Contest, including, but not limited to, traveling to, preparing for and/or participating in any Prize related activity, or the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of any Prize; (b) except where prohibited by law, grants Contest Entities and Released Parties the right to use potential Winner’s name, picture and/or likeness, or biographical information or voice for trade, advertising and publicity purposes, in any media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration or notification; (c) a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty free, license, in perpetuity, commencing at Contest entry granting Sponsor and its designees the right to use the winning entry as specified herein. Entry into Contest constitutes agreement to sign such release. If a potential Winner does not sign this release and return it within the time frame specified, the potential Winner may be disqualified and the Prize forfeited. When such documentation is properly executed and providing potential Winners are otherwise in compliance with the Official Rules, potential Winners will each be determined to be a Contest winner (“Winner” and collectively “Winners”).
If a potential Winner is unable to participate in or accept the Prize or any portion of the Prize for any reason, Sponsor will have no further obligation to the potential Winner. Prize or Prize documents returned as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of Prize. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate Winner in the event that any potential Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules or fails to execute the documentation within the time frame specified. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winners for any reason Sponsor deems necessary.
By participating in Contest, Winners acknowledge that Contest Entities have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prizes and that Winners will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any form of insurance relating to the Prizes that Winners deem appropriate.
11. Prize Terms: The dates for fulfillment of the Prizes will be on or about February 2018, but subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If for any reason any Prize is unavailable or any Prize or related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, or for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Contest in its sole discretion and award a substitute Prize, or portion of Prize, of comparable or greater value as set forth in these Official Rules. No transfer, assignment, cash equivalent or substitution of a Prize (or any portion of Prize) is permitted by a Winner. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Winner who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize the Prize. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above as part of the Prizes, including any equipment to be used in connection with the Prizes, are solely Winner’s responsibility. PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT CONTEST ENTITIES AND RELEASED PARTIES HAVE NEITHER MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE PRIZES AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Prizes pictured in online, television, print advertising, and other Contest materials are for illustrative purposes only. Arrangements for the fulfillment of the Prizes will be made by Administrator and/or Sponsor.
12. Taxes: The Winners must supply Sponsor with a complete and valid IRS Form W-9 prior to receiving Prize. The value of Prize is taxable to Winner as income. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of Winner for the actual value of Prize awarded if the aggregate value of Prize awarded to and other compensation received by Winner from Sponsor is $600 or greater for the calendar year. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and/or use of the Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility.
13. Miscellaneous: Contest Entities and Released Parties are not responsible if Contest cannot take place, or if any Prize cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of Contest Entities. If, for any reason Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities, which, in Sponsor’s sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend Contest or any part of the Contest. If Contest or any part of the Contest is terminated or modified prior to the closing date of the Contest, notice will be posted on www.mvp.statefarm.com if time permits and the Prizes will be awarded to Winners to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received prior to any such event using the Judging Criteria outlined in Section 7 herein. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH ENTRANT, AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND DAMAGES FROM ANY PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
14. Disputes/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (i) all issues and questions concerning these Official Rules shall be governed by Illinois law without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Contest or any prize awarded shall be (a) resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) filed only in the state or federal courts situated in McLean County, Illinois State and entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such disputes, claims or causes of action; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
15. Request for Names of Winners and Official Rules: All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the names of the Winners (first name and state) must be made by February 21, 2018. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules. For the name of the Winners and/or Official Rules: (i) send a self- addressed stamped envelope to: The Marketing Arm Inc., Attention “The State Farm Most Valuable Possessions Contest”, #140, 233 Rock Road, Glen Rock, NJ 07452; and (ii) write, as applicable, “Winners List” or “Official Rules” on the lower left hand corner of the envelope.
16. Sponsor: State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, One State Farm Plaza, Bloomington, IL 61710. State Farm is in the business of insurance and financial products and services.
17. Administrator: The Marketing Arm, 1999 Bryan Street, Dallas, TX 75201.